CarePoint Health builds on the philosophy of the Patient’s Medical Home, where the patients receive the care they need throughout their life. CarePoint Health will support patients by connecting them to a coordinated, comprehensive team of health care professionals upon whom they can rely and work with to achieve their personal health goals. The goal is to achieve the Quadruple Aim of increased patient satisfaction, improving population health, reduced health care costs and improving provider work life.
The vision of CarePoint Health is to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team that is committed to:
- Providing equitable and seamless access to inter-professional care teams for patients with complex needs;
- Enabling effective partnerships with and between patients, families, primary care providers, social service agencies, other healthcare providers, and the community at large;
- Utilizing a single electronic medical record, openly and transparently to share health information within a patient’s circle of care (including patients and caregivers) to improve communication across the team;
- Incorporating evidence and innovation in health system design and service delivery;
- Providing access to digital health platforms such as e-visits, e-consults and shared electronic medical record;
- Targeting population health needs within the communities served focusing on populations such as mental health and addictions, seniors, immigrant health, and palliative care;
- Providing immersion programs and flexible specialist touchdown space to promote shared care between family physicians and specialists;
- Including the patient voice through a Patient Advisory Council;
- Supporting networking and continuing medical education opportunities for health care professionals;
- Creating a community of primary care practitioners;
- Improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care.