Regular cancer screening, even without symptoms, is the most effective way to detect cancer at an early stage and increase the likelihood of successful treatment or potential cure.
CarePoint Health is offering cancer screening services to anyone in Ontario who does not have a family doctor or nurse practitioner.
Book your appointment with our nurse practitioner today.
For Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
When should I be screened for cancer?
- Men and women between the ages of 50 and 74 who have not had a fecal immunochemical test (checks for tiny amounts of blood in your stool) in the last two years.
- Men and women over the age of 75.
- Men and women who are high risk as determined by someone in your family (parent, sibling or child) who has or had colorectal cancer.
- Women between the ages of 50 and 74 who have not had a mammography (a type of x-ray) in the last two years.
- Women over the age of 75.
- Women between the ages of 30 and 69 who have been identified as high risk for breast cancer and should have a yearly mammogram.
- Women, transmasculine and non-binary people with a cervix who are or have been sexually active and have not had a Pap test (detects cell changes in the cervix) within the last 3 years starting at age 21 until age 70.
- Pap tests can stop at age 70 if you have had three or more normal tests in the past 10 years.
If you are unsure about when and what you should screen for, you may refer to this tool Time to Screen by the Government of Ontario or complete a risk assessment and get your personalized action plan by completing MyCancerIQ.
For more information on screening programs, visit the Cancer Care Ontario website.
Costs for non-OHIP covered patients
If you do not have an OHIP card or private insurance, the costs for the tests are as follows:
Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
Non-OHIP covered patients are not eligible for the FIT. Alternatively, non-ColonCancerCheck is offered through LifeLabs at a cost of $40 + tax (no admin fee).
Pap smear (Pap test)
Pap smear or test is offered through LifeLabs at a cost of $37. Please note: a documentation fee of $20 will apply for every requisition sent.
The mammogram test is offered through the Ontario Diagnostic Center. Costs are as follows:
- 1-side $60
- 2-sides $85
- If you have breast implants $145
For additional questions please contact:
LifeLabs General Inquiries: 1-877-313-4982
Ontario Diagnostic Center General Inquiries: 905-897-1144